Sunday 3 April 2011

Change

After a bit of thought I've slightly adapted my idea to focus on instead of homeless people, homeless dogs. I don't believe that i would have been able to give an accurate portrayal of living as a homeless person, even after talking to people who have worked with them, and so the animation would simply be my perception rather than theirs.
I will still be working in the style of traditional animation, and use pencil to portray not only the sombre atmosphere, but also the fleeting and almost elusive quality of the visitors at a dog home. This will be coupled with reference to some photos I have taken of ink dispersing in water.






We don't see hundreds of strays running all over London and therefore its easy to think that there aren't many of them, but this isn't true and I think its quite important to portray this within my animation, and enforce that the subject is very much part of our everyday. It was suggested that maybe i include documents that relate to stray dogs, and after seeing the Gabriel Orzoco exhibition i was inspired by his piece 'Dial Tone' which was made from a telephone book. I researched online and found a database of lost dogs which i think may work well if presented in a similar way to Dial Tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment